Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
Alt Coworking Membership Agreement
Alt provides office and work space solutions for small business owners who are looking for a different way to work. Alt is for independent workers, entrepreneurs, startups, founders, scale-ups, NGO’s, and anyone else who fits our community. Welcome to your alternative office!
Membership Benefits & Monthly Pricing
Alt Coworking provides a variety of monthly membership types to fit the needs of small businesses of all kinds. Month-to-month memberships, cancel anytime.
Standard Amenities for every member are as follows:
- Wireless and hard wired internet
- Free black & white printing
- 24/7 access to the building
- Unlimited Coffee
- Break room amenities (microwave, refrigerator, dishes and utensils, etc)
- Office Supplies
- Conference Room hours
- Access to a network of different businesses
- Access to exclusive business and networking events
Active Membership Month is a month that Members have access to the space and facilities. This period runs from the first day to the last day of each month.
- All membership payments are due on 1st day of an active membership month.
- Alt Coworking reserves the right to withhold services if payments are not received on time. This includes revoking access to the building and amenities.
- New Members will receive a prorated monthly membership for their initial active membership month.
The current accepted method of payment is a check made out to Alt Coworking and delivered to Management no later than 5pm on the 20th of each month.
Deposits & Damages
On becoming a member, each member will pay a fully refundable deposit.
- A deposit is equal to one month’s membership.
- The member or Alt Coworking may decide at their will to use the deposit in lieu of the final month’s membership dues.
- If any damages to property are discovered at termination, damages will be assessed and subtracted from the deposit.
- Any damages made during membership to any property inside Alt Coworking must be brought to the manager’s attention.
- An additional one-time and key deposit of $50 is required for any keys issued to members. This may not apply to all members or workstations. This deposit is fully refundable once all issued keys are returned.
Space Management & Benefits
Standard operating hours for Alt Coworking are M – F, 9am to 5pm. We recognize that our members are movers and shakers, and business hours can’t get in the way of that. Therefore, Members have 24/7 access to Alt Coworking, no matter the membership type. Access will be provided in the form of either a physical key or an electronic door code.
- Keys and door codes are not to be shared with non-members.
- Members acknowledge that use of the space outside of standard hours may require extra attention:
- Members will ensure that doors remain locked after hours
- Members will turn off all lights when leaving after hours
- Members understand that some services or amenities may not be able to be provided by management after hours, such as troubleshooting or other management support.
- Free street parking is available on any side street, and a free public parking lot is located on the corner of 5th and Evans streets. Members and guests may not park in the rear parking lot.
Alt Coworking is a Member-Only facility. Under the following conditions may the public be allowed to enter Alt Coworking:
- Under the supervision of Management (i.e. Private Tours for potential members, Conference Room Rental, Scheduled Business Events or Meetings).
- Under the supervision of Members.
- Under no circumstances may a member of the general public enter Alt Coworking without being accompanied by a Member or Management.
- Scheduled events that are open to a large number of the general public will be shared with Membership with advance notice.
Environment & Cleanliness
Alt Coworking strives to provide a space for all members and guests to enjoy. Keeping our space clean, safe and comfortable is a community effort. Members will adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that all areas are pristine.
- Alt Coworking will be cleaned on a regular basis, however each member should aspire to keep their own area/office clean.
- Keep volume to a reasonable level (this includes phone calls, conversations, videos, music, etc.)
- The heating and air conditioning system is automated and will activate each morning. Members will not need to touch or set the heating and cooling system.
- Members agree to keep common areas clean of debris, waste and clutter. Members will remove personal items from common areas at the end of personal use.
- Members agree to wash any used dishes, dispose of personal waste, clean up any spills and breakages, and report damages to management.
- Whiteboards must be cleaned after use for other users of the meeting rooms and breakout areas.
- Please label your frozen and refrigerated items.
- It is the responsibility of the Member to make sure that their office or desk is clean, clear from hazards or annoyance to other space members.
- Members acknowledge that it is their duty to empty their own waste and recycling bins into the respective garbage and recycling bins outside in the back parking lot.
- Dedicated Desk & Executive Suite Members are invited and encouraged to bring their own plant(s) to their workstations. It is the Member’s duty to care for their own personal plants.
- Members may not modify or alter furniture in any way without written approval from Management.
Business Address & Mail
Dedicated Desk & Executive Suite Members will have the ability to list their business at Alt Coworking’s physical address and may receive business mail.
Your business address MUST have a suite number. For example:
609 NE 3rd St. Suite 101
McMinnville, OR 97128
- Members will be assigned a Suite Number upon Membership activation.
- Mail and Packages will be received and distributed to each member by Management.
- Mail or Packages expected After Hours will not be accepted until the following Business Day.
- Members may not collect or distribute mail on behalf of Management.
Google My Business Listing
Members with Business Address benefit may list their businesses on Google My Business. Ask Management for clarification on requirements and rules.
The Conference Room may be reserved by members on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Hours of reserved conference room use each week will be deducted from your weekly allotted hours. Additional conference room hours may be purchased at a discounted rate of 50%.
- Please leave the conference room clean and organized upon departure.
Personal Belongings / Lost & Found
- Personal and work items left unattended or unsecured are done so at members’ own risk.
- At the end of each day, any uncollected personal items found in common areas will be turned into the Lost & Found box with Management. At the end of each month, unclaimed Lost & Found items will be donated.
Alt Coworking provides wireless and hard wired internet for members and accompanied visitors. Members who wish to have their own private network may add a network starting at $70 per month. Internet is provided by Online NW.
In order to provide the best services and amenities for our guests, Alt Coworking maintains the following:
- NO Animals of any kind are allowed on Alt Coworking property without written consent from Management.
- Smoking is not allowed on 3rd Street or near an entrance/exit of Alt Coworking.
1. Acceptance of Terms
2. Description of Services
Alt Coworking may provide you with access to office space, work stations, internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Alt brand, News-Register brand, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
Alt Coworking reserves the right to disclose any information about you - and at all times - your participation in and use of the Services as Alt Coworking deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Alt Coworking’s sole discretion. Alt Coworking will never sell your information to a 3rd party.
You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Alt Coworking, or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Alt Coworking, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Alt Coworking or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to; I. maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence; II. not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;. III. not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Alt Coworking, or any participant or user of the Services.
All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Alt Coworking or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Alt Coworking, or any participant or user of the Services.
6. Participation In or Use of Services
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Alt Coworking does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use. You will refrain from any act which would render any insurance on the Coworking space void or voidable or which would increase the insurance premium by the Licensor. You will comply with all Health Safety and Fire regulations.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Alt Coworking provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
8. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Alt Coworking or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Alt Coworking, and even if Alt Coworking has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Limitation of Liability and Remedies
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Alt Coworking or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten USD ($10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Alt Coworking reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Alt Coworking further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Alt Coworking, Oregon Lithoprint Inc., and Alt Coworking and Oregon Lithoprint Inc., subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Alt Coworking or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
13. Internet Use
Use of the internet by Alt members implies agreement with our internet use policy. Members must ensure that they; 1). Comply with current legislation 2). Use the internet in an acceptable way and 3). Do not create unnecessary business risk to Alt Coworking, Oregon Lithoprint Inc., or other members by their misuse of the internet. Unacceptable behavior and in particular the following is deemed unacceptable use or behavior by members; 1). Visiting internet sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material, 2). Using the computer to perpetrate any form of fraud, or software, film or music piracy, 3). Downloading commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to third parties, unless this download is covered or permitted under a commercial agreement or other such license, 4). hacking into unauthorized areas, 5). Undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources, 6). Introducing any form of malicious software into the corporate network. Alt Coworking maintains the right to monitor the volume of internet and network traffic, together with the internet sites visited.
Alt Coworking carries a General Liability Insurance. Alt Coworking cannot insure personal equipment of Members. As a Member, it is strongly suggested that you carry an insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space.
15. Claim on Space
This membership agreement shall not bestow any legal estate in any Alt Coworking property and nothing herein contained shall create or be deemed to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between Alt Coworking and the Member.